Shakespeare in Action is calling for submissions by professional actors/performers to join their roster for the 2017/2018 year.
Roster members may work in four capacities:
- running workshops in schools (with commitments on a day-by-day basis)
- leading groups in the TD Shakespeare for Kids Library Club (commitment of 6 Saturdays required)
- performing in touring productions (commitment of 4 to 6 weeks)
- be a part of a pioneering new program "Shakespeare Hip Hop Fusion" in association with the Toronto Public Library. Participants will serve as instructors and mentors to youth aged 13-17, helping to teach Shakespearean text, rap, hip hop dance, and/or spoken word.
Chosen candidates will be required to present a valid Vulnerable Sector Check (If chosen Shakespeare in Action can request a Vulnerable Sector Check on behalf of the candidate with a fee of $65 due to Toronto Police Services).
Applicants will be asked to perform two of the following (of your choice):
- a classical monologue
- a song or rap
- an original piece of text
- a piece of spoken word or poem
- a contemporary monologue
Auditions will be held on Wednesday October 11th, 2017. There will be a training on Thursday October 19th.
Shakespeare in Action is committed to maintaining a roster that represents the diversity of our city and we encourage applications from anyone and everyone with a passion for Shakespeare.
Please apply to David at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 26th with a headshot and resume.
Posted by: Shakespeare in Action
For more information: http://www.shakespeareinaction.org