GENERAL AUDITION NOTICE FOR 2015/16 SEASON
Dates: July 20, 21, 23
Factory Theatre is holding general auditions for its upcoming season workshops and productions. Selected actors will be asked to prepare two contrasting monologues written by Canadian playwrights, no longer than 2 minutes each. Please note that priority will be given to members of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association and non-members will only be seen on July 21st and 23rd.
Factory Theatre is committed to diversity in its casting and encourages submissions from all ethnic/cultural backgrounds for all auditions, including general auditions.
The productions to take place in our 2015/16 season are:
- Age of Arousal by Linda Griffiths, Directed by Jennifer Brewin
- Banana Boys, adapted from the novel by Terry Woo, written by Leon Aureus, Directed by Nina Lee Aquino
- Bombay Black by Anosh Irani, Directed by Peter Hinton
- Salt-Water Moon by David French, Directed by Ravi Jain
- A Line in the Sand by Guillermo Verdecchia and Marcus Youssef, Directed by Nigel Shawn Williams
- The Crackwalker by Judith Thompson, Directed by Judith Thompson
To be considered for general auditions, please email your headshot and resume with a covering letter (in one PDF file only), by Friday, July 10th, 11:55 pm to:
Please note the following:
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
- PDF file name should be in this format: LASTNAMEfirstname.pdf
- Please indicate on the subject line of the email your CAEA status.
- Casting Agents: please clearly separate (in different emails if possible) Equity and Non-Equity candidates in your e-pitches.
- Actors who received a general in 2014 are asked not to re-apply until 2016.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only successful applicants will be contacted to arrange an audition.
For further information, please contact Jonathan Heppner at 416-504-4473 ext. 232.
Posted by: Factory Theatre
For more information: http://www.factorytheatre.ca