Pitch at the 2015 Magnetic North Industry Series
The Industry Series at Magnetic North Ottawa, June 8-10, 2015
The Industry Series at the Magnetic North Theatre Festival gives theatre artists and companies a venue to network and exchange ideas between artists, administrators, producers, presenters and other professionals with the goal of generating possible partnerships, future collaborations, and tours.
The Industry Series attracts regional, national, and international presenters and producers, and is the perfect social setting to connect with and get to know some of the most sought after artistic curators. The Industry Series creates the potential for the significant growth of Canadian artists by encouraging development opportunities and export readiness.
Magnetic North Pitch Session
Pitches are often the starting points for booking tours, new collaborations, and fostering partnerships. This is an opportunity to bring an idea to someone who has resources or connections you need to make something happen. Artists are given the opportunity to present tour ready works, or projects in development to an audience that is made up of other artists, agents, producers, presenters who have the power to affect change and implement ideas.
*Pitches will take place during the Industry Series (June 8-10). Specific date, time, and venue are TBA and will be confirmed with successful applicants.
Applications are open to all professional Canadian theatre projects.
- A maximum of eight (8) projects will be selected by a committee made up of: Artistic Director Brenda Leadlay, Industry Producer Kristen Holfeuer, and third member TBA.
- Applicants must be professional artists and preferably involved in pitching the project.
- Projects should have some sort of backing (producing, funding or otherwise) in place.
- The presentation is to be ten (10) minutes in length and may include audio/visual support. We suggest that two (2) minutes be reserved for questions from the audience after your pitch.
- Participants must attend the mandatory two-hour pitch technical rehearsal (time TBA).
- Successful applicants will be responsible for securing their own travel and accommodation (applicants should get in touch and explore possibilities of funding from Canada Council for the Arts – Audience and Market Development Program)
Visit www.magneticnorthfestival.ca to download the application form
*Applications due February 27, 2015
Posted by: Magnetic North Theatre Festival
For more information: http://www.magneticnorthfestival.ca/aboutindustryseries/