Toronto, March 29, 2015: The SoCap Theatre is currently accepting submissions for the inaugural Short, Short Play Festival! Apply by May 10, 2015 for your chance to be involved in this exciting new festival.
What We’re Looking For
• Scripts that run between 15-20 minutes long (about 12-20 pages)
• Scripts that require minimal sets & tech
• Completed scripts should be submitted by email to email@example.com
• Include any company information (confirmed director and cast) and contact info.
• If directors and actors are not yet attached to a script, we can facilitate.
• The festival is open to union and non-union participants though a CAEA Festival Contract
• A script reading jury will select the plays for presentation. Announcements will be made by May 25th.
• Participants are expected to attend a technical rehearsal on July 20th and a dress rehearsal on July 21.
• Entrance fee is $50.00 (to be paid after selection).
What You Get
• 2 performances (each show features 3 plays) over 4 days at the SoCap Theatre Performance Bar, 154 Danforth Ave, 2nd floor; theatre has a capacity of 80 seats.
• All box office/ticket sales (split 3 ways between companies) per show. Ticket prices are $15.00 for general admission, $12.00 for students.
• Free use of our box office & technician as well as inclusion in promotional materials (posters, promo video, postcards), and the festival program, plus free admission to all festival shows (may be standing room only).
• Free daytime rehearsal space will be shared amongst participants.
• Bragging rights for being a part of this first ever event!
Contact Artistic Director, Melyssa Ade at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Posted by: SoCap Theatre