Nightwood Theatre, Canada's National Women's Theatre since 1979, is seeking an intern to support our annual fundraiser, The Lawyer Show.
The funds raised from this event allow Nightwood to continue to produce high-quality theatre as well as their additional charitable activities and advocacy work. The chosen applicant for this intern position will develop a thorough understanding of many aspects of theatre administration and production, with support and guidance from highly-experience professionals.
MENTOR: Victoria Laberge, Development Coordinator
• April 18 – June 11
• 2 - 4 days per week
• Strong communication skills a must (phone, email, etc)
• Online research abilities
• Proficiency in Excel & Word – graphic design skills a bonus
• Solicit ad sales for the event program
• Solicit silent auction donations
• Develop promotional materials for all silent auction items
• Track and monitor communications with business owners
• Administer silent auction at high-profile fundraising event – set up, oversight, assist audience members and donors
• The opportunity to work alongside theatre professionals to develop a thorough understanding of theatre marketing, outreach, fundraising, and solicitation
• The Marketing Intern will gain many transferable skills which can be applied to any field within the arts
• Letter of Reference will be provided at the end of the Internship
Email a cover letter, stating your interest in this internship, as well as your resume to:
Victoria Laberge, Development Coordinator
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 11, 2015 at 5pm. APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRIORITIZED IN THE ORDER THEY ARE RECEIVED, SO YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Please put FUNDRAISING INTERN and (YOUR NAME) in the subject line.
*This is an unpaid position.
*Please note that while Nightwood recognizes the importance of a diverse workforce, our mandate is to train and mentor young women.
Posted by: Nightwood Theatre
For more information: http://www.nightwoodtheatre.net