New Ideas Festival is Alumnae Theatre Company’s annual three-week juried festival of new plays, works-in-progress, and experimental theatre, with a different program each week and a workshopped reading on Saturdays at noon.
The 2017 festival will run from March 8 to 26, 2017.
Would you like to get involved in New Ideas Festival and join the fun this year? NIF needs stage managers for many of the 15 short plays. We will provide training if you don’t have experience. Rehearsals start January 30.
Each show runs one week (6 performances), and the readings have one performance each at noon on the three festival Saturdays.
• Jan. 4 – 8: Festival auditions
• Jan. 24: Production meeting 7–9 pm (to be confirmed)
• Jan. 30: Rehearsals begin
• Feb. 15: Production meeting and lighting demo 7–9 pm (to be confirmed)
• Feb. 23 – March 4: Tech days by week
• March 8 – 26: New Ideas Festival performances.
If you are interested in stage managing a play in the New Ideas Festival, please email email@example.com and put Stage Manager in the subject line. Note that this is a volunteer position.
Posted by: Alumnae Theatre Company