Positing Type: Full time, permanent
Compensation: $40,000-42,000 + benefits
Reports to: Finance Manager/Controller
About the Centre for Social Innovation:
The Centre for Social Innovation (CSI) is a collaborative workspace, community and social impact platform for people who are changing the world. Our mission: catalyze social innovation by accelerating the success of our members while fueling a broader movement for social change. From humble beginnings we’ve grown to support almost 1,000 nonprofits and social mission organizations tackling a range of social, environmental and economic challenges.
This is a rare kind of crew - practical, friendly and deeply ambitious. We have a vision to scale our platform to serve other shared spaces and to remove barriers, reduce friction and accelerate outcomes & connections for 1000’s of social mission groups each day. We are determined to change the world and we have a plan, but we need you to help make it happen!
We are looking for someone who is committed to leveraging their enormous skills, smarts and emotional intelligence to having an impact - going beyond treating the symptoms to get at the root causes and actually change the game.
You’ll be joining an organization infused by our founding values: collaboration, entrepreneurship and systems change. We have the passion and drive of a young tech start-up but remain rooted in the social movements of the 60’s and 70’s. You can check out our full value sets at socialinnovation.ca/
About the position:
The purpose of this position is to provide accurate accounting support to the accounting department with high level of attention to details. This position also involves frequent customer service.
· Respond to internal and external inquiries
· Download bank transactions, prepare templates and import deposits to QuickBooks
· Review cashed cheques
· Prepare and make deposits at the bank
· Order deposit books as required
· Maintain petty cash box (Spadina location), collect receipts and prepare petty cash entry for all locations
· Generate invoices to members and external clients in FreshBooks
· Record incoming receipts in FreshBooks and QuickBooks
· Maintain customer profiles in QuickBooks
· Monitor A/R aged trial balance on a monthly basis and follow-up on outstanding invoices; Assist with bad debt review
· Open and distribute finance mail to appropriate finance staff member
· Maintain PAD/Direct Deposit (EFT) information for members
· Assist with A/P functions such as coding, scanning invoices, obtaining approval, entering invoices in QuickBooks, making online payments and mailing cheques.
· Assist with security deposit refunds
· Prepare monthly credit card reconciliation
· Prepare ad hoc reports and provide A/R statistics as requested
Finance Administration & Support
· Ensure A/R process documents are continuously updated and kept current
· Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system for all A/R documentation
· Provide coverage for finance staff during peak times and vacation
· Assist with year-end audit preparation
· Other duties and special projects as assigned
Education & Experience:
Post-secondary education in Business Administration/Accounting or accounting diploma
2-3 years experience in A/R, A/P or general accounting
Advanced MS Excel
Strong computer skills
Experience with QuickBooks and FreshBooks an asset
Customer Focus Orientation
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
High level of accuracy and detail-oriented
Flexible and adaptable to change
What you can expect working at the Centre for Social Innovation:
We are small, dynamic and collaborative team invested in our mission. We are constantly seeking to improve processes and increase our impact in the community. If you like start ups, social enterprises and working in a team atmosphere, this is a place for you.
We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter before end of day Sunday, August, 27 2017. Please note that we may invite you to an interview with only a few days notice, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Centre for Social Innovation is located at 215 Spadina Ave. in Toronto, ON. For more information about the Centre for Social Innovation visit www.socialinnovation.org