DEADLINE: April 1, 2016 - 11:59PM
Dusk Dances is an outdoor dance festival that brings high quality contemporary and traditional dance to public parks.
As dusk descends, a theatrical host leads the audience to eclectic dance pieces that unfold in different areas of the park. Choreographers from various backgrounds are invited to perform a ten-minute piece inspired by the park’s natural environment. Audiences are invited on a pay-what-you-can basis to an innovative site-specific festival, which is not only an artistic event but a social and cultural one as well. 2016 will be Dusk Dances’ 22nd season.
ARTISTIC ASSOCIATE INTERNSHIP
Dusk Dances is seeking a highly motivated individual interested in on-the-job training for artistic direction and dance curation, more specifically for dance and site-specific works. Working alongside the Festival Director, the intern will follow a 1-year work plan (from September 1, 2016 - September 1, 2017) with areas of focus including:
- Overall artistic planning
- Relations with artists
- Curatorial practices – more specifically for dance and site-specific works
- Financial planning
- Organizational development
- Working closely with various community leaders
- Audience engagement
This is a paid, full-time position, ideal for emerging Producers and Artistic Directors.
- More than 3 years experience working within an artistic and/or producing capacity in the performing arts, preferably in dance.
- A fair knowledge of the dance milieu.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, along with proficiency in common applications used for word processing, spreadsheets, and data management.
- Being proficient in French (written and/or spoken) is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to please submit their CV as well as a letter of interest (maximum 2 pages in size 11 font) that includes the following:
- What lead you to apply for this internship
- What you are hoping to learn during the term of the internship
- You future goals in the arts and how this internship could help you
DEADLINE: April 1st, 2016 - 11:59PM
Please email your letter of interest and CV to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their submissions. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: This position is subject to receipt of funding.
Posted by: Dusk Dances
For more information: http://duskdances.ca/