This July, Shakespeare in Action will be holding its annual Shakespeare Summer Camp for Kids.
The Shakespeare Summer Camp for Kids (ages 7-12) will run for two weeks, June 29-July 10, Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm daily. The focus play is TBA.
The camp takes place at Shakespeare in Action, 385 Roxton Road, Toronto. There will be no camp on Canada Day.
All campers work with a professional actor; act, sing, improvise, design sets and costumes; build confidence and new friendships; and step into the spotlight for a show!
Shakespeare in Action is seeking:
*1 Assistant Director – Kids’Camp
This is a 6-week job, starting Monday, June 22, 2015 and ending Friday, July 31, 2015.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR – KIDS’ CAMP
- Working with the Director to prepare drama programming for each camp day
- Working with Director to manage rehearsals and shape the final performance
- Helping campers create the set, costumes, and props for their play
- Facilitating group warm-ups and games
- Overseeing campers during arrival, breaks, lunch, and end-of-day pick-up
- Administering First Aid and completing Incident Reports
- Assisting with clean-up after camp has ended
- Displaying a positive attitude and building an inclusive camp environment
- Candidate must be between age 15 and 30; a full-time student in 2014/15; returning to full-time studies in 2015/16; and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or under refugee protection
- Pursuing a degree in Theatre, or a related discipline
- A passion for Shakespeare, performance, and working with young people
- Excellent communication, organization, problem-solving, and conflict management skills
- Experience working with children and/or teens in a formal/informal learning environment
- Experience working in a creative camp environment is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR is an asset
- A clear and valid Police Check (completed upon hiring)
- A positive and inspiring attitude!
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by Sunday, May 31, 2015
Posted by: Shakespeare in Action
For more information: http://www.shakespeareinaction.org