Humber River Shakespeare Co. is now accepting submissions for an ASSISTANT PRODUCER for the upcoming 2015/2016 season
HRSC is seeking an entrepreneurial, innovative, motivated and detail oriented individual to assist the Producing Artistic Director in the planning of the coming season.
Now finishing our eighth season, HRSC is interested in expanding and improving its artistic and educational programming while maintaining the current level of programming it already has.
Reporting to and collaborating closely with the Producing Artistic Director, the Assistant Producer will take an active role in the continuing growth of the company including outreach, marketing, development and community relations.
The Assistant Producer will:
- Assist in the day-to-day operation and management of the company
- Aid in the planning, development and promotion of all our productions, events, classes and workshops
- Maintain existing community partnerships and assist in developing new partnerships across the GTA.
- Assist in researching of potential new revenue streams; including Foundations, Governments and Corporate/Community Partnerships
- Develop and execute an ongoing social media strategy for the company
This position is ideally suited to an individual who is interested in gaining valuable producing experience in an immersive, hands-on, practical work environment. The successful candidate will be collaborating with a creative team that has been working together for a number of years.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- An education in either: Arts Administration or Theatre
- Some practical experience in managing or producing. Experience with touring would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license. Access to a car would also be an asset as some meeting may be out of town.
- An action-oriented, confident, articulate self-starter who is creative, energetic, entrepreneurial, collaborative and team-oriented.
The position is part time (average of 15-25 hours/month; but some flexibility is required and expected on both ends)
Please submit a letter of interest, and CV by October 20, 2015 by email only.
Attention: Kevin Hammond Kevin@humberrivershakespeare.ca
Posted by: Humber River Shakespeare