The Toronto Fringe is seeking an energetic and dedicated individual to become part of the Fringe team as the Assistant Publicity Coordinator for the 2015 Fringe Festival (July 1-12, 2015).
Funding for this position is only available to individuals returning to school next year or a current student at any level, including Masters/PhD and diploma programs. The Assistant Publicity Coordinator (APC) will be contracted from June 8 -July 16, 2015.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, assist with creating a comprehensive social media plan, including content generation and scheduling, for various platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Implement routine updates to Fringe WordPress website
• Assist in creating digital content to publicise and archive the festival, such as photos and videos
• Create an archive of all articles and reviews for the festival
• Assist with updating and managing media distribution and media accreditation lists
• Assist in booking media tickets and fostering a positive relationship with media partners
• Help with other administrative tasks as required
• Be a student
• Be 25 years or younger
• Be interested in communications and arts administration
• Have excellent writing skills and demonstrate creative digital communications strategies
• Have advanced knowledge of various social media platforms– please note in cover letter
• Be able to learn and work in a busy environment
• Be able to work independently
• Knowledge of Hootsuite, Adobe design programs and WordPress are considered an asset – please note in cover letter
• Photography skills also considered an asset – please note in cover letter
Applications with a resume and cover letter should only be submitted by environmentally friendly email to email@example.com as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files. Please identify the job position you are applying for in the subject line. Inquiries can be made by telephone to 416-966-1062.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday May 6th at 5pm
Interviews: May 12th – 15th
Start Date: Monday June 8th, 2015
The Fringe is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Toronto Fringe:
Now in its 27th year, the Toronto Fringe provides creative opportunities for artists and audiences by producing two important festivals – the Toronto Fringe Festival
Posted by: Toronto Fringe Festival
For more information: http://fringetoronto.com/