Working under the direction of the Acting Director of Performing Arts, the Associate Producer will work with the performing arts team and coordinate all elements required to produce first class presentations of programmed events.
Said activities shall include but not be limited to performer contract negotiation and creation, tour logistics, production details, accounts payable including fees, royalties, invoicing, grant applications and hospitality requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of local, national and international arts production and knowledge of a wide range of performing arts. This position requires creativity and imagination with the ability to assess and make judgments on a variety of performances and determine their suitability for Harbourfront Centre events. Extensive interpersonal skills and diplomacy are required when dealing with diverse groups and coordination with other departments and external groups. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have excellent communications skills (written and verbal), excellent financial acumen and possess experience developing and maintaining partnerships with external organizations.
This position requires a flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work).
Skills & Requirements
• Five to seven (5-7) years live event producing experience in an arts organization and a post-secondary degree in arts administration/management;
• Excellent financial management skills including budgeting and forecasting;
• In-depth understanding of performing arts producing and/or presenting;
• Extensive knowledge of the performing arts community including but not limited to theatre, dance, circus and festivals;
• Extensive experience negotiating, creating and interpreting artist, presenter and production contracts;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent computer proficiency and knowledge of various applications (Microsoft Office Suite, spreadsheets and databases);
• Bilingual (English/French);
• Experience producing in traditional and non-traditional settings;
• National and International producing and touring experience;
• Knowledge of Tessitura, Artifax or other box office or scheduling softwares.
Acceptable Applications must include:
• A current resume
• A cover letter including salary expectations and responses indicating how you meet the essential criteria
Qualified applications are invited to apply by: March 23, 2018
Posted by: Harbourfront Centre
For more information: http://jobs.harbourfrontcentre.com/