The Toronto Fringe is seeking a Bar Manager to become part of the Fringe team.
The position is part time from mid-May leading up to the Festival and full time from July 1st -12th, 2015. The Fringe Club bar is open Mon-Fri 4pm – 2am and Sat-Sun 1pm – 2am. The Bar Manager will work directly with the Fringe General Manager on all aspects of the bar.
To provide leadership for the bar staff, exemplary customer service to Fringe Club patrons, and fiscal responsibility for the Fringe Club bar.
The Fringe Club Bar Manager will be responsible for:
- Hiring and training all bar staff and supervisors
- Implementing all Health and Safety procedures for staff
- Scheduling all bar staff and supervisors
- Collating all SOP and Smart Serve details
- Ordering all bar product and supplies and inventory control
- Liaising with Steam Whistle, our official beer sponsor
- Assisting in the set up and strike of the bar at beginning and end of festival
- Setting up and re-stocking the bar on a daily basis
- Overseeing the setup of the bar for any underground parties
- Overseeing the setup of can stations and any other micro bars throughout the Fringe Club
- Reconciling all monies and submitting a sales report at the end of each night
- Liaising with security staff
- Recording and monitoring sound levels throughout the club hours
- Maintaining a reasonable presence at of the club throughout the night
- Returning the empties throughout the Festival
- Attending company meetings throughout the Festival
- Have a background and experience in bar management, including experience hiring, training and managing staff, assessing a patron’s level of intoxication, and be able to open and close the bar locations efficiently
- Be extremely organized and detailed-oriented
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Hold a valid driver’s license (preferable)
Applications with a resume and cover letter should only be submitted by environmentally friendly email to firstname.lastname@example.org as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files. PLEASE IDENTIFY THE JOB POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE. Inquiries can be made by telephone to 416-966-1062 x9.
Submission Deadline: March 23rd 2015
The Fringe is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted by: The Fringe of Toronto Theatre Festival
For more information: