This position is responsible for assisting the Programming and Sales department with client relationships, contract execution and space booking administration, department liaison, and internal event communications.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage the Centre’s space usage. Maintain accurate booking and function calendars in the Centre’s booking system to facilitate building operations.
2. Key liaison for external clients interested in booking space at the Centre, for both attractions and corporate events.
3. Monitor issues related to rental attractions as they arise, escalate appropriately as needed.
4. Provide timely and accurate event information and communication on the attractions and events to all departments.
5. On request, prepare comprehensive estimates and contracts for rental clients and corporate events, coordinating individual estimates from each department.
6. Monitor ticket revenues and deposits. Ensure Centre has sufficient revenues to avoid bad debts on settlement.
7. Act as key liaison between Operational departments and Programming and Sales department.
• Minimum education requirement of post-secondary degree in arts/business or relevant discipline
• Extensive knowledge of entertainment industry and facility rental practices
• Minimum experience two to five years in related position(s)
• Good verbal communication skills
• Excellent written (editing & proofreading & details) skills
• Good selling/negotiation skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
• Experience with an event booking system (Ungerboeck – EMBS)
• Experience in event/production management
• Experience with Ticketmaster reporting
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to email@example.com.
Please include “Bookings Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Sony Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accomodation at any stage of the hiring process
Posted by: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.sonycentre.ca