TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
Reporting to the Manager, Cinemas, under the supervision of the Assistant Cinema Manager on duty, the part-time position of Cinema Usher provides customer service to TIFF Bell Lightbox visitors.
• Maintain a high standard of entrance-to-exit visitor servicing, assisting with the resolution of visitor issues in a timely and appropriate manner in keeping with established Visitor Experience protocol
• Maintain knowledge of TIFF Bell Lightbox, its programming, events and facilities
• Communicate instructions effectively to visitors and volunteers. Direct visitors to appropriate cinemas. Maintain orderly line-ups as directed by your supervisor
• Ensure that all visitors present a ticket before entering ticketed events or areas. Collect ticket stubs and clicker-counts when necessary
• Maintain presentation standards of lobby areas before, during and after events. Clean cinemas between screenings, collecting any debris and cleaning any spills prior to the next screening
• Assist with the set-up and strike of stanchions, coat check, t-stands, stage furniture, and tables throughout the building
• Provide support to third party events and partner festivals as required
• Receive/return items and reconcile cash receipts at Coat Check
• Arrive on-time for scheduled shifts, wearing approved uniform or dress code and prepared for shift. Complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly
• Ensure the safety of the visitors to TIFF Bell Lightbox (including in the event of evacuation)
• Maintain proper radio etiquette and ensure the proper care of radio devices
• Other duties as assigned
• PLEASE NOTE: Some additional roles will be available during TIFF Kids. Requirements for these roles will be reviewed during training.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/careers/