Application Deadline: Sept. 25, 2017
Pay: $18/hr, 30 hrs/wk
Term: 20 weeks
Start Date: Early Oct. 2017
Jumblies is a Toronto-based organization working on projects bringing together professional artists and diverse community members to make art about the places we share. The ideal candidate should thrive in our flexible work environment that requires and encourages self-motivation and combines structure and freedom, collaboration and independence.
- Supporting community arts workshops/activities in varied disciplines;
- Production support for events and performances.
- Outreach to community participants;
- Stats collection, data entry, tracking;
- Managing databases, calendars and schedules;
- Assisting with social media and publicity;
- Office/inventory upkeep and organization;
- Assisting with financial tracking processes;
- Other administrative/programming tasks tbd.
In addition, there will be opportunities and expectations for some self-directed and professional development activities.
- Due to funding requirements, this position must be filled by a recent graduate (up to 30 years old) from college/university within the past 24 months.
- Interest/experience in community-engaged arts.
- Interest/experience in working with members of the public of diverse backgrounds, ages and abilities.
- Strong IT skills including: Microsoft Word and Excel, database, graphic layout, web design.
- Social media skills including facility with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
This position is a time-limited contract, there is potential for but no guarantee of ongoing employment at the end of the contract.
Jumblies encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We’re committed to developing an inclusive workplace.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodations, to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our office is located at street level with step-free access and automated entrances, our washroom is wheelchair accessible.
To be considered for this position please email your resume/cover letter with the subject "Community Arts Operations Intern" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Posted by: Jumblies Theatre
For more information: http://www.jumbliestheatre.org