A unique joint venture between Soulpepper Theatre Company and George Brown College, the Young Centre, located in Toronto’s Distillery Historic District, is Canada’s only performing arts, education and community outreach centre.
Designed by Thomas Payne of Toronto’s internationally renowned Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects, the facility features 46,000 square feet of combined heritage and contemporary architecture with five flexible performance spaces, ranging in size from 80 to 300 seats; numerous rehearsal studios, classrooms, administrative offices and a central atrium with café/bar.
Reporting to the IT Manager of the Young Centre, the Database Administrator - Tessitura of this multi-tenant, multi-theatre performing arts facility will manage the Tessitura database and support the use and analysis of patron data (donor and ticketing) contained in the database. This position will be responsible for the Project management of Tessitura customizations, enhancements and new initiatives across departments.
• Perform Tessitura system upgrades; creating a tailored testing plan for users based on the areas impacted by the upgrade.
• Maintain the integrity of the Tessitura database by creating and enforcing data entry policy and procedures, tracking and coding structures and data hygiene standards.
• Oversee database infrastructure to translate business needs into application functionality.
• Project lead for research, analysis and data mining using the tools at hand: SQL Queries, TSTATS, RMA and dashboards.
• Provide support during season set up and configuration, campaign/appeals planning, advanced data extractions and special projects as required by the departments.
• Preparing and delivering in-house Tessitura training to users.
• Document processes and procedures related to Tessitura.
• Work with users to develop processes, reports and data analysis tools that maximize Tessitura’s capabilities.
• Participate in the Southern Ontario Tessitura User community to stay current on Toronto arts community business practices.
• Assist Microsoft NAV users, maintain NAV database and oversee the integrity of this environment.
• Strong knowledge of best practices in project management.
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2008r2/2012 T-SQL (2-3 years)
• Extensive experience with CRM databases, specifically Tessitura ticketing software.
• Experience with basic IT Administration: Networks, Servers.
• Experience creating custom reports using Sybase InfoMaker or SQL Server Reporting Services.
• An understanding of or experience with a not-for-profit organization.
• Maintains strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
• Planning and project management skills.
• Oral and written communications skills; the ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions and in business writing.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Ability to tackle challenges quickly, creatively and collaboratively.
• Proficiency with client relations and customer service.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines.
• Capable to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
Post-secondary degree in Information Technology, a related field or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience. Minimum 3 years experience as DBA, and hands on experience with: Tessitura SSRS and Infomaker
The Young Centre is a state of the art performing arts facility. The Database Administrator- Tessitura role represents an opportunity to participate in one of the most exciting arts organizations in Canada.
How to Apply
Only candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada will be considered. The Young Centre for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and invites all applicants to apply for the position.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary expectations, detailing how you can contribute to this dynamic not-for-profit arts organization by no later than March 23, 2016
Please quote DBA-Tessitura on the subject line when applying by email.
To: Search Committee – DBA Tessitura
Young Centre for the Performing Arts
50 Tank House lane
Toronto, ON M5A 3C4
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Young Centre for the Performing Arts; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Posted by: Soulpepper Theatre Company
For more information: http://www.youngcentre.ca/