Do you have stellar organizational skills and strong attention to detail?
Are you interested in collection management and the performing arts? Toronto Dance Theatre (TDT) is looking for a Digital Archive Assistant to digitize videos, photos and other archival material of the company’s 50 years of history in creation, performance and education. This is a full-time contract for a post-secondary student who is intending to return to full-time education in the fall of 2018.
TDT is one of Canada’s leading contemporary dance companies, recognized for the intelligent, provocative vision of its choreography and the exceptional artistry of its dancers. Founded in 1968, Toronto Dance Theatre has produced a remarkable body of original Canadian choreography and has had – and continues to have – a profound influence on the development of dance in Canada. The company performs annually at Toronto’s Harbourfront Centre and at its own Winchester Street Theatre in Cabbagetown, which it shares with the affiliated School of Toronto Dance Theatre. The company maintains a regular presence from coast to coast in Canada, and has toured extensively in the USA, Europe and Asia.
The Digital Archive Assistant will report to the Managing Director. Responsibilities will include:
- Digitizing and cataloguing images, media, and video footage from TDT’s archive;
- Organizing company data in a systematic and methodical manner;
- Documenting all records to be sent to the company’s archive at York University.
This is an excellent opportunity for a student who is interested in Arts Management, Performing Arts, Information and Media Studies, or Collection Management, to undertake a project documenting 50 years of Canadian history. Strong organizational and computer skills are required. An interest in research and performing arts is an asset.
This position is available as part of the 2018 Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible for the position, the candidate must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Hours and Compensation: $16/hr, 35 hours a week
Please send a cover letter and resume, including references, by email to: Jessica Whitford, Managing Director Toronto Dance Theatre email@example.com
Application Deadline: Monday, May 21, 2018
Start Date: July 3, 2018
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.