TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of:
DIRECTOR, GOVERNMENT & FOUNDATION RELATIONS
Reporting to the Vice-President, Advancement the Director, Government & Foundation Relations is responsible for building relationship and securing annual and project funding from all levels of government & foundations – as well as supporting charitable awareness
• Accountable for achieving or exceeding the projected annual budget.
• Leading team to identify, create, and submit proposals to all levels of government in conjunction
with all departments within TIFF
• Develop and implement overall strategies for successful cultivation and solicitation of support
• Maintaining and maximizing government and foundation sector funding for all operation and
• Tracking political posting and appointments, including election results for all three levels of
government, as it pertains to public policy development for the arts and cultural sector
• Monitor revenue and progress to meet annual revenue goals
• Manage the performance and professional development of junior full-time staff
• Work and collaborate closely with other senior staff in the Advancement Unit and other revenue
• Build strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders, including programmers and
• Minimum 8 years of successful experience with foundations, preferably with a nonprofit arts
• Knowledge of political infrastructure at all three levels of government.
• Experience working in the fundraising arts sector
• Previous supervisory experience
• Knowledge of Canada’s philanthropic community and network of social and professional
• Strong research skills, with an ability to retrieve, and efficiently organize and present information.
• Strong networking skills, with an ability to act with tact and diplomacy
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://jobs.lever.co/tiff/1c44a1f3-7cf9-45b1-a870-55bc941f7ba3