The Director, Development is responsible for spearheading, managing and executing all organizational fund development activities in support of Civic Theatre Toronto’s (CTT - Sony Centre, St Lawrence Centre & Toronto Centre for the Arts) strategic direction.
Primary responsibilities include revenue generation, individual donor relations, and fundraising communications, campaigns & events.
KEY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
1. Develop and implement a fundraising and sponsorship plan, with related strategies that involves corporate and individual giving, programming sponsorships, and government and foundation grants.
2. Maximize relationships with all three levels of government to ensure granting and sponsorship opportunities are not missed.
3. Research and implement a robust fundraising database and establish policies for recording, maintaining and updating current donor and prospective donor information.
4. Prepare stewardship packages and proposals with a thorough knowledge of the CTT’s ability to deliver client benefits.
5. Service and cultivate relationships with current and prospective sponsors at the CTT. Administer sponsor agreements on behalf of the CTT.
• At least 10 years’ experience preferably working in a major arts institution as a senior development and knowledge of the not-for-profit environment
• Skills include strong leadership, interpersonal, team building, negotiating, sales and collaborative
• Ability to seek out and implement innovative fundraising and sales strategies with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Have knowledge of state-of-the-art fundraising practices
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of both individual project and departmental budget processes
In 2015, Toronto’s City Council approved the consolidation of the governance and operations of the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts, The Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, and Toronto Centre for the Arts into one new organization under the direction of a City appointed board called Civic Theatres Toronto. The mandate of Civic Theatres Toronto is to provide quality performance and event facilities and to promote its contribution to the artistic, cultural and social vitality of Toronto. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to email@example.com. Please include “Director, Development” ” in the subject line.
Posted by: Civic Theatres Toronto
For more information: http://www.sonycentre.ca