TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of:
DOCENT PROGRAMME INTERN
TIFF’s Docent Programme, a facet of the Volunteer Programme, engages audiences in a more meaningful and dynamic experience of our diverse programming through weekly volunteer-led exhibition and facility tours, facilitated film talks, and more. Recently, the programme has grown to include a seniors’ engagement initiative, Seniors’ Film Fridays.
Through ongoing relationships with local seniors’ organizations, TIFF is keenly aware of the importance of inclusion and quality social interaction for the well being of seniors. With this in mind TIFF has expanded the programme to support and engage this demographic in film screenings, volunteer-led discussions, and tours both at TIFF Bell Lightbox and off-site.
The Docent Programme Intern will support the Coordinator, Volunteer & Intern Resources with the implementation of the Seniors’ Film Friday programme. This is a unique opportunity for those interested in adult education, community outreach, film, event planning, and arts administration to learn and gain practical work experience through a public engagement initiative at TIFF.
• Assist with community outreach and relationship-building to raise programme awareness
• Research and contact local seniors organizations to identify prospective participants
• Manage email correspondence with seniors’ organizations
• Develop and manage an RSVP list for monthly events
• Assist with scheduling volunteer facilitators for senior’s events
• Assist with volunteer correspondence and training as required
• Research and build volunteer training resources for titles within the programme
• Compile data on visitor feedback
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, excellent phone manner and interpersonal skills
• Well-developed customer service skills
• Excellent administrative, organizational and planning skills with keen attention to detail
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, as well as the ability to take direction effectively
• Experience supervising volunteers an asset
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers/