The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties supporting the Executive Director, and other staff.
Duties include but are not limited to database entry, taking minutes from meetings, donor stewardship, office management and drafting correspondence.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate and convey information both verbally and in writing.
• Able to manage multiple priorities, in a time-sensitive manner, including special events, research, data compilation, while remaining flexible to changing needs.
• Manage and execute event details related to The AFC’s annual Big Swing golf tournament and other event planning activities.
• Act as office IT. Liaise with vendors to troubleshoot technical issues, and coordinate future services.
• Prepare minutes from board meetings.
• Enter and keep current data in Raisers Edge, with an extremely high degree of accuracy, including recording of client benefit information, processing of payments, and entering donations.
• Manage direct mail campaigns.
• Prepare all tax receipts and acknowledgement letters.
• Act as office manager, maintaining and monitoring office supply inventory levels and place orders as required.
• Other duties as required.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Raisers Edge (or other Donor Management/CRM software packages) is highly desirable.
• Friendly and positive phone manner.
• Advanced math skills and financial literacy. Able to read and comprehend financial paperwork, prepare budgets and balance banking records.
• Post-secondary education, preferably in a program that focuses on administration and the arts with basic understanding of business and finance.
• Hands-on experience or exposure to the arts and entertainment industry.
• Minimum 1 year experience in a staff position within a non-profit organization, or multiple years of experience in a named volunteer position within a non-profit.
A writing test will be required.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to David Hope, Executive Director at jobs@AFChelps.ca
We respectfully request no telephone, email or in person inquiries.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Posted by: The AFC
For more information: https://afchelps.ca/