Reporting to the General Manager and Artistic Director, the Facility Manager will ensure continuity in building operations and maintenance, utility services and maintenance service contracts.
The Facility Manager will manage all maintenance personnel and finances, and ensure consistent and effective maintenance programs, policies and procedures to comply with legislative codes and standards and reduce the Theatre’s exposure to risk. The Facility Manager position works closely with the General Manager and Business Manager on the delivery of specific capital initiatives and programs. The position is salaried, part-time (30 hours per week), with flexible hours. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Plans, organizes and directs all maintenance activities
- Develops, implements, and monitors maintenance programs and procedures
- Develops the maintenance annual budget; ensures effective use of human, fiscal, and physical resources
- Assists General Manager in planning for the acquisition of capital equipment and capital improvements; developing strategies to reduce exposure to risks; ensuring compliance with codes/regulations, health and safety requirements;
developing business plans to address maintenance and facility renewal; compiling statistical building data
- Works closely with other departments to ensure the facilities are maintained to a high standard
- Establishes and implements preventive maintenance programs, utility services and maintenance service contracts within allocated resources; makes improvements as required
- Ensures that the computerized maintenance management system is being operated efficiently
- Works in conjunction with the General Manager and Business Manager on the delivery of capital initiatives, energy management and cost savings programs
- Provides leadership and training to staff for continuous improvement in operations, maintenance, security, health and safety, etc.
- Departmental representative on the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Light janitorial duties as required
Preference will be given to applicants who hold:
- Diploma/Degree in mechanical or electrical field
- Accreditation as a Certified Facilities Manager, Facilities Management Professional an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in plant, building operations & maintenance, and/or construction field
- Practical experience with commercial and industrial heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing and electrical
- Strong facilities operations and service contract management skills; experience in budget preparation and management
- Ability to interpret facilities infrastructure, mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications
- Strong client services skills, ability to make decisions on-site and resolve conflicts as they arise
- Experience using MS Excel, Word
- Intermediate knowledge of Ontario Building Code (OBC), Ontario Fire Code (OFC), Occupational Health & Safety Act, Canadian Safety Association (CSA) and Electrical Safety Authority (ESA)
- Experience in managing operations and maintenance teams consisting of skilled trades including electricians, building operators, and general maintenance workers
- Excellent customer service, communication and human relations skills
- A valid Ontario driver’s license
Salary: commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday December 11, 2015 with the title Facility Manager in the subject line. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.