TIFF is excited to offer this internship as part of Canada on Screen, TIFF's yearlong celebration of Canada's 150th birthday in 2017.
Made possible by Presenting Partners The Government of Canada, the Royal Bank of Canada and The Government of Ontario, Canada on Screen will begin in January and run throughout the year. The free programme will present moving-image installations, special events, special guests, an extensive online catalogue, screenings across the country, and a list of 150 essential moving-image works from Canada’s history based on a national poll of industry professionals.
Canada on Screen is a co-production between TIFF and three core project partners — Library and Archives Canada, the Cinémathèque québécoise, and The Cinematheque in Vancouver.
• Record and research descriptive information such as poster type, film title, and director.
• Create and/or update Excel spreadsheet templates following library standards. Upload data to the
• Re-house posters following library procedures for proper care and handling of materials.
• Record locator number on posters.
• Demonstrated ability to handle fragile material. Previous experience in handling print materials
and/or graphic materials an asset.
• Cataloging experience is considered an asset.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to follow instructions and receive feedback.
• Familiarity with Excel.
• Knowledge of and interest in film.
• Interest in the safeguarding of film history.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1)
PDF or Word document, by 5pm on MONDAY, MAY 29, 2017.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities and will work with applicants to meet their needs. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers/