Launched by Judith Thompson, Brenda Surminski and Nick Hutcheson, The RARE Theatre Company is dedicated to creating theatre with communities seldom seen and rarely heard on our stages.
We have launched a three-year initiative to build on the breakout success of our two inaugural shows, RARE, featuring nine performer-creators with Down syndrome, and Borne, with a cast of nine wheelchair users. Thank you to funding from the Trillium Foundation, we will be creating three new projects over the next three years using our unique form of theatre: true stories and real reflections of the cast in their own words, edited with respect, framed by an innovative theatrical structure and illuminated by the bond of the ensemble and the choreographed movement of the actors on stage. These are projects that create human connections - between the ensemble and the audience that in turn spurs on inspiration to work for social change.
RARE is searching for an organized and driven General Manager to play a vital role on our team and lead the company in its administrative matters. This will be a part time position to begin with (25-30 hours per week). Working closely with both the Artistic Director and the Executive Director, the General Manager will take the lead on the financial and administrative operations of the organization, and help the Company grow over this three-year period.
- Establishing and managing a three year production and rehearsal calendar
- Acting as liaison with company artists and external partners
- Building and administering the budget alongside the Executive Director
- Overseeing all development and sponsorship activities, including individual donations, grant writing and foundation requests.
- Managing contract staff (stage managers, designers, script assistants, caregivers, etc)
- Managing the effective marketing of the RARE Theatre Company
- Managing public events and receptions as needed
- Representing RARE at meetings and events as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- 40k per year
- 2 days a week more during production time
Send letter of application to Judith Thompson and Brenda Surminski at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1st, 2016