Soulpepper seeks an established and experienced Arts Administrator.
The General Manager will help ensure the future success of the organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the General Manager will be responsible for administering the Artistic Director’s artistic programming and development visions for the organization. Supervising a team of three and working closely with other senior staff, the General Manager is responsible for managing the administrative aspects of Soulpepper’s artistic portfolio. The General Manager will ensure that Soulpepper’s mission-focus is maintained across all programming. At the direction of the Artistic Director, the General Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Developing, managing and monitoring a complex Artistic budget with financial activities totalling approximately $4 million;
• Following established procedures to negotiate and execute all Artistic contracts and payroll requirements;
• Managing all administrative aspects of the Artistic company including Resident Artists and Resident Companies, including rehearsal planning and scheduling to achieve successful production opening and run;
• Managing a team that includes producers, production stage manager and administrators;
• Working closely with the Executive Director, providing mentorship, guidance and instruction to Soulpepper Academy attendees in the Producing Stream.
• Designing, managing and executing all touring activities;
• Managing and executing artistic-related producer contracts and intellectual property rights;
• Speaking and writing persuasively and serving as a spokesperson for the organization;
• Attending Board meetings and being prepared to create reports and documentation for same as assigned;
• Conducting all affairs of the organization with adherence to legal requirements, best practices, and conditions conducive to a positive, supportive and collaborative work environment for administrators and a creative home for artists;
• Attending Soulpepper / Young Centre performances, receptions and events, including evenings and weekends as required;
• Contributing to the overall success of Soulpepper and the Young Centre by accomplishing related results as needed; and
• Other duties as may be required.
• Post-secondary degree preferred.
• 10+ years’ experience in not-for-profit Arts Administration with direct relevant experience as a Producer and/or General Manager in the Performing Arts sector.
The General Manager position represents an incredible opportunity to participate in the evolution of one of the most exciting performing arts organizations in Canada. The compensation package will include an annual salary commensurate with experience, and comprehensive employment benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Only candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada will be considered. Soulpepper is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified individuals to apply for the position. Soulpepper is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation please let us know and Soulpepper will work with you to meet your needs. Soulpepper thanks all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please send résumé and cover letter (including salary expectations) detailing how you can contribute to this dynamic not-for-profit arts organization by no later than September 30, 2016.
Please quote GM16 in the subject line.
To: Sarah Farrell, General Counsel and Director of Human Resources
Posted by: Soulpepper Theatre Company
For more information: http://www1.soulpepper.ca/home