The Head of the Costume Shop plans, organizes, and coordinates the teaching and production activities of the NTS Costume Shop.
In the course of his/her duties, the incumbent will support the artistic and pedagogical visions of each of the School’s programs; act as a coach and teacher for students; hire, guide, and evaluate shop employees; establish an annual budget for the costume shop and ensure its follow-up; evaluate the production costs of costumes based on proposals submitted by the student designers; attend production and coordination meetings; act as a consultant within the shop for the creation of costumes; produce, with the help of staff and student designers, the costumes for the School’s productions and is responsible for the costume storage and dye room. For artistic and pedagogical matters, the incumbent sees to the needs and expectations of the Artistic Directors of the English and French sections and the Director of Set and Costume Design and the Directors of Production programs of the NTS. For administrative matters, the Head of the Costume Shop reports to the Head of Training and Administrative Support.
• A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in costume production, including three (3) as the head of a costume shop and team supervisor;
• Knowledge of the educational sector and an interest in training NTS students;
• Demonstrated ability for teamwork and the capacity to work with students, artists, and teachers;
• Good verbal and written communication skills in both languages;
• Capacity to work under pressure (production deadlines);
• Knowledge of cutting, an asset;
• Good judgement and proven skills in the areas of planning, organizing, managing, diplomacy, and negotiation.
Job would begin in March 2015 (for transition period with current incumbent). Full availability from September to May (contractual position, renewable yearly).
If this position interests you, please send your C.V. before February 24, 2015 to: email@example.com, title: Application – Head of the Costume Shop or by fax: (514) 842.5661
Posted by: National Theatre School of Canada
For more information: http://ent-nts.ca/en/