Native Earth Performing Arts is seeking a Head Technician/Venue Coordinator for Aki Studio, a 120 seat black-box theatre located Regent Park’s cultural hub, the Daniels Spectrum.
The Aki Studio is Native Earth’s performance space and is rented year-round primarily for theatre performances.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head Technician/Venue Coordinator duties include:
- Technical Supervision, maintenance and operation of the theatre.
- Coordination and communication with rental companies.
- Estimating labour costs and reporting to rental companies.
- Budget for the needs of the space on an annual basis.
- Actively promote the space and solicit rentals.
- Shared office duties.
This position is seasonal full-time with an expected start date of July 2, 2015.
- A degree in Theatre Production and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of technical experience
- Head Technician, Production Management, Facility management and/or design experience is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to manage small crews
- Good budgeting, verbal and written communication skills
- Broad knowledge and experience with all technical aspects of live theatre and safe work practices
- Ability to read and understand lighting plots and set drawings
- Demonstrated ability to operate ETC element and digital sound consoles
- Basic rigging knowledge
- Ability to work at heights/climb ladders
- Flexibility & attention to detail
- Excellent skills with troubleshooting and a strong ability to problem solve
- Standard First Aid & CPR.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resumé with the names and phone numbers of two references as one PDF or Word
document to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on Monday June 22nd, 2015. Please include “Head Technician/Venue
Coordinator” in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
directly. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. Native Earth Performing
Arts is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages qualified Indigenous and culturally diverse applicants to
For more information on this position and Native Earth Performing Arts, visit our website.
Posted by: Native Earth Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.nativeearth.ca/