FIXT POINT is seeking talented, curious, and energetic Production & Marketing Assistants to work with us in Ottawa, Toronto, and on the road this summer!
From May 20th - September 4th, our project, The Tale of a Town - Canada, will take up residence in Ottawa 2017’s Inspiration Village, retrofitting a shipping container into a recording studio and interactive installation. At the same time, another Tale of a Town team will be working from Toronto to hit the road for our summer tour of Highway 11, gathering stories on Canada's longest Main main street.
The Production and Marketing Assistants will work on-site in Ottawa and/or Toronto (the Toronto contract will include some travel within Ontario) as we record thousands of Canadian stories. Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Managing the interview schedule and other logistics.
- Interviewing community-members according to FIXT POINT’s methodology
- Assisting with community outreach
- Acting as a bilingual greeter to welcome visitors to the local installation
- Promoting and marketing the initiative in the local community via press releases, story pitches and community outreach
- Liaising with presenting partners and other stakeholders involved in the project
- Assisting the senior team in the developing concept of the interactive installation, researching local history, etc.
- Composing weekly reports on activities
- Working with the senior team to disseminate audio recordings and podcasts with a national audience
- Gathering feedback from partners and participants for program evaluation needs
We are looking for students/recent graduates under 30, with studies in:
- Canadian studies
- Oral history
- Theatre production/performance
- Digital media/design
- Familiarity with Adobe and Google suites
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- An artistic background (performance or any visual medium)
- Working knowledge of audio editing software, esp. Pro-Tools
- Valid drivers license
FIXT POINT is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment practices. People of all backgrounds and levels of ability are encouraged to apply.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a cover letter re: your relevant experience and why you want to work with us, and any sample of your artistic work. Also tell us whether you are interested in the Ottawa or Toronto/Hwy 11 contract.
Posted by: FIXT POINT Arts & Media
For more information: http://thetaleofatown.com