Reporting to the Production Manager and Director of Production of the Young Centre, the House Technician of this multi-tenant, multi-theatre performing arts facility is a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who can successfully juggle the role of team leader and team member and thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working efficiently in a manner that supports the theatrical process with the two founding partners, Soulpepper Theatre Company and George Brown Theatre School, as well as other 3rd party users and their staffs.
• Working professionally with all corporate rental clients, festival and events staff, outside contractors and Building Operations staff as well as casual technical employees.
• Take a leadership role or act as crew member in the set-ups, runs, and strikes of productions depending on the venue and requirements.
• Direct and train casual crew members as required.
• Maintain, service, and operate the facility’s technical equipment in all theatres, halls and studios spaces as required.
• Participate and be open to new professional training initiatives and opportunities which will occur from time to time.
• Regular evening and weekend work is required.
• Perform other related duties as required.
See website for more details http://www.youngcentre.ca/about_us/work_with_us.html
Deadline: September 18, 2015
Posted by: Young Centre for the Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.youngcentre.ca/about_us/work_with_us.html