YPT is currently searching for the position of Interim Community Volunteer Manager.
Reporting to the Education & Participation Administrative Director and the Associate Artistic Director, Education, the Interim Community Volunteer Manager will manage, enhance and sustain the volunteer program at YPT which includes student placements and community participants in every aspect of YPT’s operations. This is a one-year contract position covering a maternity leave.
• Manage the YPT volunteer program: Recruit, screen, place, schedule, monitor and assess community volunteers and student placements.
• Train YPT staff in volunteer relations/management when required.
• Assess internal needs for volunteers and opportunities for external groups and individuals to get involved in programming with YPT.
• Act as company liaison for anyone wishing to acquire skills or training at YPT.
• Research and liaise with local schools, universities, community agencies, residents’ associations and other not-for-profit organizations.
• Sustain the current level of growth in volunteer engagement at YPT.
• Administer the Police Vulnerable Sector Check program for volunteers, staff, teachers and contracted positions.
• Excellent people skills; comfort with and experience in meeting people from all walks of life.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in volunteer management.
• Experience with resource, project and budget management.
• Strong leadership, customer service, administration and arts management skills.
• Computer literacy: MS Excel, Word, Outlook, database management.
• Excellent written, communication, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work with children and youth.
In accordance with YPT’s policy, as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to pass a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check. YPT is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to:
Subject line: Interim Community Volunteer Manager
Applications for consideration must be received by 5:00 pm Monday, July 31, 2017.
Posted by: Young People's Theatre
For more information: http://www.youngpeoplestheatre.ca/