TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Reporting to the Art Director, providing graphic design for the creative department.
• Working within Adobe InDesign, the Junior Designer will utilize pre-approved templates and generate new layouts to create various Festival publications
• Helping to maintain a consistent look for TIFF branding across all materials
• Collaborating with other TIFF departments and external vendors as required
• Maintaining orderly digital files
• Experience in a creative department or studio environment
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite of products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and Mac platform
• General understanding of editorial design, workflow and proofreader markups
• Excellent time management, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Ability to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines
• Graphic Design degree or diploma an asset
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on FRIDAY JUNE 15th, 2018
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/careers/