Location: Toronto, ON
Salary: $45,000 to $65,000 (compensation commensurate with experience)
Start Date: January 3rd 2017
Application submission: open
Fluent French is a must.
Co-founded in 1997 by Sylvie Bouchard and Artistic Director David Danzon, CORPUS is known for its precise and surrealist humour that combines movement with theatrical imagery. The company has 13 pieces in its repertoire and has presented more than 2000 performances across Canada and around the world.
This position includes a wide range of duties and responsibilities. Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Administrative Director will take on administrative responsibilities, marketing and promotion, logistics and production, board management, revenue generation, community outreach, studio rental management, national and international touring, as well as production and management of other projects and events.
The responsibilities listed above address the key duties of this position.
The Administrative Director:
- Has perfect French and English writing and oral skills. French must be fully fluent;
- Is enthusiastic, energetic and creative;
- Is able to multi-task, and carries a wide spectrum of responsibilities;
- When running events, is able to work long hours and is resourceful, self-directed problem solver, detail oriented and a team player;
- Is convinced of the benefits of bringing arts to public spaces and understands the value of working with community partners;
- Understands the not-for-profit arts and community sectors and has some experience in community work and performing arts;
- Has knowledge of the local and federal dance and theatre milieu is an asset.
- Likes to interact with people and would be comfortable with a variety of stakeholders ;
- Can demonstrate skills in time management, likes to work in a team environment and is self-motivated;
- Has excellent organization skills, and experience understanding and managing budgets;
- Has strong computer skills (Macintosh);
- Has completed post-secondary training in arts administration and/or possess a minimum of three years experience in the not-for-profit sector.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest in French, a resume and list of references to email@example.com.
Posted by: CORPUS
For more information: http://www.corpus.ca