Reporting to the Director of Development & Communications, the Manager of Fundraising will assist with the execution of all fundraising activities for Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, including individual donor stewardship and corporate sponsor relations, and will be in charge of the administrative upkeep for the fundraising department.
Salary Range: $20,000-$25,000 annually
Position: Part Time, 20-25 hours per week
Reports To: Director of Development and Communications.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, April 1 at 5pm
Start Date: Monday, April 13, 2015
- Manages donor records, correspondence and donor acknowledgement.
- Coordinates the fulfillment of promises to supporters through logo placement in marketing materials, name recognition, tickets, tear sheets, invoices, and personal invitations.
- Researches and identifies new donor prospects, including individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Helps secure corporate sponsorship for Buddies’ Season and when possible individual shows.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with existing sponsors with the goal of increasing their support and commitment to Buddies.
- Assists with the creation of strategies for donor recruitment, stewardship, and retention.
- Assists with the organization of all fundraising events.
- Assists with grant proposals as they relate to development.
- Manages foundation requests.
- Implements marketing strategies as they relate to development duties.
- Sits on the ARTATTACK! Steering Committee and the Board Fundraising Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in development of corporate and individual sponsorships
- Demonstrated success in grant writing
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
Established in 1979, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is a professional Canadian theatre company dedicated to the development and presentation of queer plays. The largest and oldest facility-based queer theatre company in the world is located downtown, close to Toronto's Gay Village, and its primary constituencies are the city's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender communities, and an urban alternative theatre-loving audience. On the weekends, we host late night events in our bar, Tallulah’s Cabaret, to raise money for our theatre and youth programs. All the proceeds from the
Posted by: Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
For more information: http://buddiesinbadtimes.com