The Marketing and Communications department is currently accepting applications for the role of “Marketing Coordinator”.
This position provides key administrative support to the effective and efficient operation of the Marketing, Communications & Development department. This is a full-time six month contract salary position, with the possibility of extending. Some evening and weekend hours are required during the performance season.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General office tasks: Maintaining department filing system, receiving and organizing printed collateral for the department (flyers, posters, programs), and other administrative assignments as needed.
- Research: Includes day to day research for specific events, clipping and circulation relevant news articles, as well as industry research for marketing and development purposes.
- Keep databases up to date, including: Education and Outreach membership list, Sony Centre media list, free-listings websites.
- Event management: Provide support for events such as community classes, workshops, tours, school visits, and public events (such as Doors Open and/or Culture Days).
- Copy editing and proof reading: May be required to assist with proofing text for website, flyers, posters, programs etc.
- Ticket coordination: Coordination and distribution of department complimentary and trade tickets when required.
- Advertising planning/settlement: Act as support to Advertising Manager in developing advertising plans and settlements.
- Assisting Associate Manager of Promotions and the Education, Outreach and Animation Manager on the execution of events, grassroots marketing efforts, promotions, and partnerships as required.
- Undertake special projects under the direction of the Director as required.
SKILL & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum education requirement of post-secondary degree or diploma in arts administration or business or relevant discipline
- Social media savvy would be ideal
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop would be considered an asset
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the department to meet or exceed expectations.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems.
Please apply via website below
Posted by: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.sonycentre.ca