The Toronto Fringe is seeking an energetic and dedicated individual to become part of the Fringe team as the Publicity Assistant for the 2017 Fringe Festival.
(Festival Dates: July 5-16, 2017). This position will be contracted from May 29 – July 21, 2017. Work hours are flexible and some hours may be worked from home. There will be some periods (just before and during the festival) where the Assistant will be required to be on-call more often.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, and working closely with the Outreach Coordinator, assist with executing a comprehensive social media plan, including content generation and scheduling, for various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Facebook Live, SnapChat and Instagram.
- Implement routine updates to Fringe website (Drupal)
- Assist in creating digital content to publicise and archive the festival, such as photos and videos
- Create an archive of all articles and reviews for the festival
- Generate reports on the successes of media coverage for post-festival analysis
- Assist with updating and managing media distribution and media accreditation lists
- Assist in creating targeted mini-pitches to bloggers and journalists
- Assist in booking media tickets and fostering a positive relationship with media partners
- Help with other administrative tasks as required
- Be interested in communications and arts administration
- Have excellent writing skills and demonstrate creative digital communications strategies
- Have advanced knowledge of various social media platforms
- Be able to learn and work in a busy environment
- Be able to work independently
- Knowledge of Hootsuite, Facebook, Excel, Adobe design programs are considered an asset – please note in cover letter
- Photography and video editing skills also considered an asset – please note in cover letter
Submission Deadline: Wednesday May 3, 5pm.
Interviews: Week of May 8. Applications including a resume and cover letter should be sent as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files to the attention of Claire Wynveen, Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
The Toronto Fringe is committed to employment equity and diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contact
Posted by: The Toronto Fringe
For more information: http://fringetoronto.com/contact-and-about-us/jobs/