The St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts is seeking 2 conscientious and motivated individuals to be a part of the Production Department. This opportunity is for a contract position requiring on average 30+ hours per week.
Position: Stage Door Reception
Reports to: Director of Production
Hours: Flexible requiring on average 30 + hrs per week
Contract: Approx. 10 weeks with the chance extension.
Stage Door reception will monitor and support all activities at the Stage Door entrance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain positive image of the St. Lawrence Centre through contact with clients and performers
- Monitors all activities at the Stage Door entrance and keeps knowledgeable about current events taking place in the facility.
- Logs all deliveries, contacts the receiving parties, secures lost and found items according to procedure.
- Operate switchboard and perform receptionist duties as necessary
- Responsible for daily sign in/out procedures for all performers, crew and visitors entering stage door
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Deal with crowd control in the backstage area
- Orders and maintains stock for stage door vending machine
- Maintains door access software
- Maintains key and fob records
- Stock first aid kits and order first aid supplies as needed
- Daily and monthly checks for the AED unit
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY
Strong communication skills and a capacity to work in a potentially high stress environment in a calm, professional manner is desired. An ability to work independently is preferable. Experience in customer service or security work encouraged. Arts background or interest a plus.
One of three City of Toronto-owned venues, the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts provides services to support professional theatre, music and dance productions for both its resident companies and many other professional, amateur and community groups.
Please send resume and covering letter to: Sean Tasson, Director of Production and Communications firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts
For more information: http://www.stlc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/StageDoor.pdf