Reporting to the Industry Director, the Talent Development Manager is responsible for providing high quality professional development for creative screen talent, such as writers, directors and producers. The role includes designing and delivering TIFF’s consolidated Talent Lab programs including the year-round Studio program for writers and TIFF’s filmmaker Lab during the Toronto International Film Festival. The role will be responsible for implementing opportunities for female creators, fuelled by generous donations towards TIFF’s Share Her Journey initiative.
TIFF is consolidating its talent development programming under ‘TIFF Talent Labs’. The Talent Development Manager will have direct responsibility for these, including:
• Organizing year-round Talent Labs for filmmakers and screenwriters, as well as industry workshops and residencies
• Managing Industry Talent Development Programming: design and execution, scouting and presenting participants, guests and script consultants, negotiating and contracting speakers and partnerships, staff hiring, guest management, budgeting and financial management
• Implementing programming fuelled by generous donations to our Share Her Journey initiative, meeting the needs of talented female screen professionals
• Maintaining and growing a database domestically and internationally, cultivating relationships that provide TIFF with opportunities for partnerships and speakers
• Overseeing the tracking of finances related to talent development programming including purchase orders, expense reports and cheque requests
• Performance management of relevant seasonal staff and consultants
• Creating one-off talent-based programming for screen creatives
• Managing the budgets associated with each program
• Writing program content for online publication
• Effectively communicating programs via social media to attract future participants and encourage conversations within the Canadian industry
• Developing a community of emerging and mid-career Canadian filmmakers, including TIFF alumni
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers/