Humber River Shakespeare is currently seeking teaching artists for 2016 summer educational programs.
Humber River Shakespeare is a professional, classical touring theatre company. We are dedicated to creating high caliber, classical theatre productions that are accessible, entertaining and popular. We seek to enrich the artistic profile of communities along the historic Humber River and beyond. Recognizing that the communities within York Region, Peel, Etobicoke, and Simcoe County are artistically under-served, Humber River Shakespeare seeks to fill that void by touring to these areas. We strive to produce theatrically engaging work with a focus on actors, not elaborate sets, to tell Shakespeare’s timeless stories. We are dedicated to the creation of new plays inspired by both the works of Shakespeare, and the history of the Humber River and its surrounding communities. Through our performances, events and educational programs we seek to make the joys of theatre, language, and the communal experience of theatre going accessible to all.
HRSC is running two summer camps in York Region in the summer of 2016:
• Newmarket – July 18-22 – 8:45am to 4:15pm
• King – August 15-19 – 8:45am to 4:15pm
Program Description: The Humber River Shakespeare Company presents youth ages 11-14 a unique opportunity to create and perform their own original stories using Shakespeare as their inspiration. Participants will explore Shakespeare's language, characters, and themes through an assortment of drama games and exercises to build confidence, focus, and technical skill. Using various theatrical techniques, the ensemble will create an original piece which will be performed on the final day of camp.
We are currently seeking instructors with the following qualifications:
• Training and experience in theatre performance
• Training and experience in classical theatre with a focus on Shakespeare
• Training and experience teaching theatre programs for young people in community or recreational settings
• Successful candidates must have or be able to obtain current First Aid/CPR certification and a Vulnerable Sector Screening by June 30
• Successful candidates must have access to transportation to and from the camp locations.
To be considered for this position, please email a resume and cover letter by May 30, 2016 to:
Paula Schultz, HRSC Education Coordinator
Posted by: Humber River Shakespeare
For more information: http://humberrivershakespeare.ca/