Canadian Stage is pleased to announce a call for submissions for our eleventh annual Director Development Residency supported by the RBC Emerging Artist Program.
The program will run from November 2017 to June 2018 and will support two stage directors.
The deadline for submissions is Monday November 6, 2017.
The program provides directors the opportunity to explore their work and vision in an unrestrictive and supportive setting. Artists will spend the 2017.18 season with Canadian Stage, seeing performances and meeting on a monthly basis with staff members and guest artists to gain perspective about producing, presenting, and touring. Participants are granted 2 weeks of rehearsal space and resources toward the development of a creative project which will receive a work-in-progress showing at the Berkeley Street Theatre in 2018.
Participation in this program is free, but it requires a time commitment. Applicants should estimate monthly meetings with staff, bi-monthly performances or events, and two weeks of project development including a work-in-progress showing during one of the following time periods in the Berkeley Street Theatre: January 29 – February 11, February 19 – March 4, March 5 – March 18, March 19 – April 2 2018.
Participants will receive:
• An honorarium for program participation
• Resources toward a creative project in development
• Monthly informational interviews with Canadian Stage staff, plus meetings with affiliated artists as opportunity arise
• Access to Canadian Stage’s productions, rehearsals, and events
• The opportunity to curate one emerging artist session (i.e. a panel discussion or workshop) addressing a topic related to their experience and expertise
For more information on how to apply, please visit https://www.canadianstage.com/Online/submissions
Please email your submission in a single PDF or Microsoft Word document to Dramaturg Taliesin McEnaney at firstname.lastname@example.org no later Monday, November 6, 2017. Please use the subject line: “Director Development Submission”.
Posted by: Canadian Stage
For more information: https://www.canadianstage.com/Online/submissions