Canadian Stage is pleased to invite submissions for the seventh annual RBC Emerging Artist Program: Company in Residence for one season beginning October 2015.
The deadline for submissions is October 20, 2015.
This initiative was created to support artists who are developing and producing theatre as new independent companies. The residency is designed to offer encouragement, professional development opportunities, and resources toward a project in development for a Toronto-based company in their early years.
One company will be selected by a jury of Canadian Stage Staff including Artistic & General Director Matthew Jocelyn, Producer Sherrie Johnson, Dramaturge Birgit Schreyer Duarte, and Company Manager Meghan Hunt. The residency runs October 2015 through April 2016. It is intended for busy artists with many projects on the go, so the time commitment will vary throughout the year and the schedule will be set by the successful company in collaboration with the Company Manager.
The residency includes:
• An opportunity to develop a project which will receive a work-in-progress showing at the Berkeley Street Theatre during one of the following time periods: January 11–24, January 18-31, February 22-March 6, 2016
• Additional access to rehearsal space as schedules permit
• Letters of support as requested
• The opportunity to curate at least one session (i.e. a panel discussion or workshop) for emerging artists, addressing a topic of your choice
• Informational interviews with staff
• Access to the Canadian Stage script library
• Listing on the Canadian Stage website
• Additional opportunities as they arise
The Templeton Philharmonic, Single Thread Theatre Company, Theatre Caravel, Nobody's Business Theatre, lemonTree theatre creations, I'd Rather Dance, Suburban Beast, Theatre Kairos, The Original Norwegian, Pandemic Theatre
For full submission details click here
Posted by: Canadian Stage