SOULPEPPER ACADEMY FOR ACTORS, DESIGNERS, DIRECTORS, PLAYWRIGHTS, PRODUCERS & STAGE MANAGERS
Soulpepper is now accepting submissions for the 5th Soulpepper Academy beginning in August 2016.
The Academy is a two-year paid, full-time training and performance residency for actors, playwrights, directors, designers and producers. The Soulpepper Academy aims to develop diverse theatre artists who will, upon graduation, be ready to create, contribute to, and present vigorous personal, original theatrical works with Soulpepper and other professional theatre companies.
The goal of the Academy is to have the work of each and every graduating Academy Participant included in at least one Soulpepper season. Throughout the two years all Academy Participants will receive a living wage from Soulpepper.
The core of the Academy faculty are the senior artists of the company including: Albert Schultz (Academy Artistic Director), Leah Cherniak (Associate Head), Alan Dilworth (Head of Directing), Leslie Lester (Head of Producing), László Marton (Director Emeritus), Diego Matamoros (Head of Acting), Mike Ross (Head of Music), Lorenzo Savoini (Head of Design), and Guillermo Verdecchia (Head of Playwriting).
WHO IS THIS FOR?
• Serious theatre artists with a minimum age of 21
• Primarily, but not exclusively, for those who have completed a conservatory or university training program and have some professional experience
• Those with a sense of artistic adventure, willing to learn, risk, experiment and grow
The Academy (all disciplines) will begin full-time August 2016 and conclude in August 2018.
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 20TH, 2015 TO BE CONSIDERED.
• CV (everyone) & Headshot (for actors)
• A 500-1000 word letter which describes how you came to the theatre, what your particular interest is in the theatre, and states what is it you want to pursue in your studies. Please indicate which discipline you are applying for (actor, director, designer, playwright, producer or stage manager), plus your name, address, phone number, email, education, age, and association status (CAEA, ACTRA, ADC, PGC, etc.).
• For Playwrights only: Please send a sample of your work, 10 pages maximum. You may provide a few lines of context for the sample.
For more details and submission information, please visit our website: https://www.soulpepper.ca/artist_training.aspx
Posted by: Soulpepper Theatre Company
For more information: https://www.soulpepper.ca/artist_training.aspx