Soulpepper is pleased to once again participate in the OAC’s Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators Program.
Please read the following instructions prior to making a submission & verify your eligibility at www.arts.on.ca
• Artist CV
• A one-page project description
• A 3 to 5 page writing sample
• Requested amount (min $1,000 and up to $5,000)
• A completed OAC application form
• Does this Artist represent a unique voice that would be a valued addition to the landscape, as determined by their writing sample and past work?
• Is the Artist in a place in their career where they will benefit professionally from this program, and the resources that Soulpepper is able to invest, as determined by their CV?
• Is the project interesting, and represent a new area of exploration for the company, as determined by the project description?
• Does the project complement Soulpepper’s established artistic brand and focus? (see below)
• Is this project text-based?
• Ambitious works that speak to the diversity of modern-day Canada, and to diverse artists and audiences, written by emerging or mid-career playwrights, will be prioritized.
Soulpepper’s brand and focus:
• Soulpepper is interested in projects that aim to share stories that resonate with our community, city, and province from unique, diverse, perspectives.
• Soulpepper is unique in the landscape in being able to embrace and support projects with an ambitious sense of scale, including larger ensemble works.
• This program will primarily be looking for emerging professional playwrights, and nurturing unique voices in the early stages of their development.
• We will also be looking to strengthen the Canadian theatrical canon by seeking works from a non-Western perspectives. This may include having works adapted or translated from cultures that are currently under-represented.
Division of grant amounts will be aligned with OAC recommended guidelines. All recommendations are subject to OAC approval.
Please send your submissions by Friday, October 6, 2017 at 11:59 pm, to:
Guillermo Verdecchia, Dir. New Play Development
email@example.com; Subject: Theatre Creators
Please include your name in the file name of all attachments.
No phone calls please.
Posted by: Soulpepper
For more information: http://www.soulpepper.ca