Calling Emerging Artists!
Get an inside look into the creative process; learn the essential skills necessary to run a theatre company; and become an ambassador for Canada’s National Women’s Theatre. Nightwood is now accepting applications from ambitious, driven, curious theatre-lovers for our 2017/18 Young Innovators program.
▪ A complimentary 2017/18 season pass
▪ Attend a Write from the Hip play development workshop with director/dramaturge Andrea Donaldson
▪ Complimentary access to The Groundswell Festival: A National Festival of Contemporary Women’s Theatre
▪ An opportunity to perform as part of our Groundswell Festival
▪ Exclusive invite to the meet and greet and read-through on the first day of rehearsal for a show in our 17/18 season.
▪ Workshop sessions with members of Nightwood’s staff on theatre marketing and outreach, fundraising, budgeting and more
▪ Various volunteer positions within the organization in marketing, event planning, and development.
▪ We offer a flexible time commitment throughout our 2017/18 season (September-June), for a minimum of 25 volunteer hours throughout the entire season.
We ask emerging artists who are 18-28 to please submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest, artistic resume and a minute-long video describing why you want to join Nightwood’s Young Innovators team.
Application deadline June 15, 2017 at 5pm.
“A wonderful team of artists! Between tailored workshops, producing opportunities and access to special events such as play readings/launch parties, the fierce team at Nightwood welcomed us into their community with open arms! The program provided us with a look into the inner workings of a successful Toronto based theatre company!”
-Veronica Baron, 16/17 Young Innovator
Posted by: Nightwood Theatre
For more information: http://www.nightwoodtheatre.net/index.php/artists/young_innovators_program