Stage Manager required for Charity Gala
TWC is a registered charity and the busiest wildlife centre in Canada, admitting approximately 5,000 sick, injured, and orphaned wild animals each year for medical treatment and care. Despite being Canada’s largest wildlife centre, TWC is not government funded; rather it relies on the generous donations of its supporters and the hundreds of volunteers who give their time and effort daily.
The annual Wild Ball is our signature fundraising event. An elegant sit-down dinner, this year’s ball will take place on Thursday October 13th at the Palais Royale. The evening will be headlined by Juno award-winning classical guitarist Liona Boyd.
We are looking for someone who can run and call the stage show for the Wild Ball. Duties include:
· Scheduling and running any rehearsals and tech checks
· Making sure all talent is prepared and ready to go on stage
· Coordinating the work of the stage crew
· Calling cues and entertainers’ entrances during performance
· Overseeing the timing of the entire show
Pre Event Night: Ongoing communications with Events Manager in September, several meetings and site check.
Event Night: October 13 - Full day and night commitment
· Stage Management experience
· Excellent people skills and organization skills
· Non-profit volunteer experience is an asset
The Events Manager will work closely with the Stage Manager to create the rollout of the event. If you have any questions about being a Wild Ball Volunteer, call 416-631-0662 x 3234 or email Patti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: Toronto Wildlife Centre
For more information: https://www.torontowildlifecentre.com