About the George Luscombe Award
This award recognizes an individual for “mentorship in theatre”. Revolutionary theatre founder and artistic director George Luscombe founded the Toronto Workshop Productions in 1959, marking the beginning of the Canadian alternative theatre movement. His 27 years at TWP marked the longest tenure of any artistic director in Canada.
The George Luscombe Award is presented every two (2) years. The recipient, who is chosen by a designated committee, receives a framed print by Theo Dimson, a copy of the book Conversations with George Luscombe: Steven Bush in conversation with the Canadian Theatre visionary and a cash prize of $1,000 through the generous sponsorship of an anonymous donor.
Deadline for nominations: April 1, 2021 - 5:00pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The deceased are not eligible for consideration.
In order to nominate an individual for The George Luscombe Mentorship Award, please supply the following information:
- Nominator’s Name, Title, Company, Phone and Email Address
- Nominee's Name, Phone/ Email
- Nominee’s Bio
- Headshot or Photograph of the Nominee (if possible)
- Cover Letter (Why you feel that the nominee should receive The George Luscombe Mentorship Award, up to 2 pages)
- optional: Letters/Paragraphs in support of the nominee (up to 3 pages)