The Silver Ticket Award, inaugurated in 1980, is presented by TAPA to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the stage in the Toronto area. The distinguished panel of past Silver Ticket recipients considers individuals who have worked professionally in the performing arts industry and not only have excelled in their own careers, but also contributed to the development of Canadian theatre by helping and encouraging others. The recipient receives a lifetime of complimentary tickets to TAPA member company productions. The recipient will be chosen by the Selection Committee from nominations received from the TAPA membership, theatre community and public.
Deadline for nominations: April 1, 2021 - 5:00pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Nominations may be submitted for up to 3 years consecutively, after which the nominee may not be considered for 2 years.
The deceased are not eligible for consideration.
In order to nominate an individual for the Silver Ticket Award, please supply the following information:
- Nominator’s Name, Title, Company, Phone and Email
- Nominee's Name, Phone/ Email
- Nominee’s Bio
- Headshot or Photograph of the Nominee (if possible)
- Cover Letter (Why you feel that the nominee should be awarded the Silver Ticket, up to 2 pages).
- optional: Letters/Paragraphs in support of the nominee (up to 3 pages)
The Silver Ticket Award Recipient is selected by a committee composed of previous award recipients from a slate of nominees submitted by the TAPA Membership. The recipient is presented with an award, and is entitled to two (2) free tickets to any production by a member company of TAPA for life. As a member of TAPA, we thank you for your continued support in recognizing the achievements of these recipients.
Please take a moment to review the following guidelines:
- As a Member of TAPA, companies must surrender two (2) tickets to any Silver Ticket Award Recipient who requests them
- Tickets are based on availability. TAPA Member companies reserve the right to refuse tickets to Silver Ticket recipients based solely on ticket availability (i.e. the show requested is sold out)
- Silver Ticket recipients are required to reserve 48 hours in advance of performance date requested
Please review the list of recipients, post it in your box office and inform your box office staff and publicist.