Winter skating is on!
We are excited to be able to open our skate trail under the Gardiner for fun and safe skating this winter season. The Bentway Skate Trail will open on December 18 with a fixed capacity of 25 people. Pre-registration for timed entry will be available via Eventbrite on December 12 at 10am.
We know that this winter won’t be easy, and we know how important it will be to find a way to get outside for fitness and recreation. That’s why we are taking all precautions necessary to ensure that the winter skating experience is both safe and fun. Safety is our priority. We will be adhering to the City and province’s public health guidelines and recommendations.
Furthermore, as we know, this winter will be toughest for the most vulnerable Torontonians. While skating at The Bentway is always free, we’re asking you to help us support those in need by donating a small amount ($5 suggested) to the creation of Winter Care Kits for our community members experiencing poverty and homelessness. You will be able to make your donation when you register on Eventbrite.
Together we can stay safe and have fun!
9 Things to Know About Skating at The Bentway this Year
- Pre-registration is required.
- Bring your own skates. There are no skate rentals available.
- Bring ID to verify your identity.
- Come dressed for the weather. There will be no access to indoor changing areas.
- Wear your mask. Face coverings are required while skating at The Bentway.
- Always maintain a safe (2m or 6ft) physical distance from others.
- Keep your belongings on you at all times.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, have been out of the country in the last 14 days, or suspect you may have come into contact with COVID-19.
- Registration will be made available on a rolling basis. Each Saturday at 10am the timeslots for the next available week will go live. (e.g. Timeslots for December 18-25 will go live on December 12.)