Learn how to build a website using WordPress: the popular blog and website publishing software.
Whether you're trying to set up a simple website for your small business, a personal blog, or perhaps you use WordPress at work and would like to learn more, this workshop is for you. From pages to posts, widgets to plugins, you'll learn all about how to customize and maintain WordPress on your own website.
We will cover:
- the difference between WordPress.com and hosting WordPress on your site
- selecting and installing a WordPress theme
- building webpages and your site's menu bar
- adding a blog to your website
- plugins and widgets: how to customize WordPress
- best practices for backing up and protecting your website
Note: Laptop computers are required for this class. This is a beginner level class, and we will not be covering WordPress theme customization involving code.
INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP:
- high quality instruction by a professional WordPress expert
- delicious catered lunch
- complimentary coffee and tea
- small class size
- a testing website for you to keep, so you can build your own website during the class (and then we'll help you launch it)
- a take-home WordPress reference guide
- a chance for you to network with other business owners and marketing professionals
- goodie bag full of fun Camp Tech swag
- official recognition for your participation (that you can share on LinkedIn or your resume)
Thanks to our partnership with Camp Tech, TAPA Members receive 25% off all Toronto Camp Tech workshops. Login to the Members Only section of tapa.ca for the discount code.