Deadline for application is May 25th, 2019
Purpose of the Theatre Creator in Residence:
• To provide an emerging female theatre Creator (playwright/producer/actor/etc) with rehearsal space and the time away from their regular environment and obligations to workshop a work-in-progress in an encouraging and sympathetic atmosphere in a heritage building in the heart of Yorkville.
• The rehearsal space at the club is readily available during weekdays and evening/weekend access can also be arranged. We envisage access for approximately four to six hours a week to fit in with the Club’s booking schedule.
• It is hoped that the rehearsal space given by the Club will provide the opportunity for the playwright, director, actors to discuss, to reflect and to refine this work-in-progress for performance at the end of the residency programme.
• The theatre creator in residence will be a full member of the Heliconian Club for the year; the following year the initiation fee for membership in the Club will be waived and the resident will only pay the annual membership fee.
Expectations for the Residency
• During the residency, the creator in residence will give the Club members a preview of this work-in-progress for feedback at the Club, attend the President’s Reception in September, take part in the Artists-in-residence evening in late May, 2020.
• At the end of the residency, in June, the resident will present the finished work to Club members and the general public at the Club.
• The Playwright/actor in residence runs from July 1st,2019 to June 30, 2020
We are seeking an emerging female playwright/producer/actor
• who has spent no fewer than two years working in their chosen field after training
• who has demonstrated a strong ability for working in the theatre.
• who has created or participated in at least one theatrical work that has been presented, produced or published.
• who has a script that is evolving and requires rehearsal space to bring it to a performance level.
• The resident must live in the Greater Toronto Area and we encourage applications from artists of diverse cultures and heritage.
• E-Mail to email@example.com with the Subject “Heliconian Residency Application”
• Interested candidates should prepare a brief biography and a letter of intent/synopsis of the play that will be workshopped during the year ahead.
• A letter of recommendation
Posted by: The Heliconian Club of Toronto
For more information: http://www.heliconianclub.org